Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
casco speedairo (sic) - any good?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: casco speedairo (sic) - any good? Reply with quote

Anyone know anything about this helmet?

I can't find anything about its performance at all which leads me to think it might be a dead duck.

Upgrading 'ain't cheap though so would like to make an informed opinion.
mw22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Casco speedster a couple of years ago - took me a while to find out the differences between that and the speedairo.

Positives
I found it very comfy. It replaced a Rudy Wingspan that dug into my forehead. I also found it very light and not dragging my head down (which I experienced with 1 of the Planet X aero road lids).
Visor works well. No risk of it falling off like the magnet lids. Its well hinged and tho have to leave it open in transition - its easy enough to drop it down once you get going.
Mine has a fairly quick release/attachment - which as long as you remember to pull it the right way - is quick.
Also find it well vented.
Regularly see them used at high level track stuff - so it must be fairly aero Id've thought.
Comes in a nice box to store it.

Negatives
Visor can be diffiicult to clean as its always in situ
Not suitable for road bike (for me) as bottom of visor makes reading Garmin difficult
Nose piece is a bit of foam (but didnt generally find it rested on nose)

Overall I really like mine. Maybe not the fastest. But comfy, easy to get on, looks pretty cool (obv thats important), don't need to faff with sunnies.

Mike
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this helmet is well regarded, in the NHL.
hunkydory

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my speedster is going strong even after 4 years. love the lightness and the fit, also the visor is high quality. cleaning not too difficult as it does detach very easily. I am content with it and not in any way looking to upgrade... I might replace it with an identical one in case I had a bad crash.

www.mikajanhunen.blogspot.com
@ESFChiropractic (twitter)
@mika_janhunen_dc (Instagram)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: