Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Zwift, anyone from TT land on it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really odd though IMO. They're basically cheating at training. I might take some '50kg' stickers to put on the 10kg plates at the gym.

As a zwift neophite it was a surprise, especially with this guy as I know he has ambitions of getting KQ fast.

Anyway i'll be on there again tonight looking to see if I can ride a flat route to do my own intervals on. I need to test my FTP with the new trainer so I can set it accurately for that. Not sure my 450W off the powertap is that useful Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
I think that many of us know a Zwift doper, but out in the real world they become our targets

Meh, not much of a target in my experience Laughing
jibberjim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
It's really odd though IMO. They're basically cheating at training. I might take some '50kg' stickers to put on the 10kg plates at the gym.

There's no cheating at training at all, they still do the training, indeed it's possible that they get more appropriate training due to the way different trainers control resistance and its realism.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:

There's no cheating at training at all, they still do the training, indeed it's possible that they get more appropriate training due to the way different trainers control resistance and its realism.

I don't think anyone is saying they're 64kg when they're not so their smart trainer adjusts the resistance more appropriately. I accept your point that they may still be doing their training though.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped early today on a flat 4-lap race; last week I hung with front group until last lap, but dropped lap1 today! I ended-up sandbagging in second group for far too long, and we got caught by a big group with about 4k to go. Tried to jump them on an incline again with 2k to go, but group was too big/strong. Should have tried to drop the smaller group much earlier - hey ho! Ended-up 18w down on last week's effort. Definitely a bit more tired this week anyway.
mattsurf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flat 2 lap race in NY, Raced with "B" group, despite nominally 3.2-3.9w/kg, my average was 4.1w/kg. I stuck with the lead group of 10, flats were fine, but surges on the short up hills were insane, I am convinced that this is how the experienced Zwifters break the groups, once on the flat the effort drops enough to catch your breath, however, on one hill I did drop 1s off the back and had to work like mad for 30s to get back on the peloton, luckily I had a drafting bonus to give me a short recovery when I was back on

As usual I couldn't hold the sprinters in the last 200m, but a 6th place finish is OK. Even though my w/kg were the highest in the lead group, my max 30s was only 600w compared with over 1000w for the top 3 who sprinted the finish

Bit worried that ZwiftPower is going to move me to "A" as last 2 races have been over 4w/kg - I am only just hanging with the "B"s at the moment

23km, 39m54s, 292W AP 300W NP
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I raced again today, the 4-lap flat Richmond one. First 6 in B Cat all did >4w/kg. Winner was 356w average iirc Rolling Eyes Each week I have successively been dropped earlier in proceedings; it's normally because I'm hanging at the back of the front bunch anyway, and as soon as a gap forms I'm scuppered. I probably need to put that extra 20w or so in to stay mid-pack.

I tried to get away twice on an incline, but couldn't hold off the group of about 12; one time I got a small gap with another guy and he didn't work Rolling Eyes On the last lap with 2.5k to go I put in a sustained 350w effort to no avail.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I raced again today, the 4-lap flat Richmond one. First 6 in B Cat all did >4w/kg. Winner was 356w average iirc Rolling Eyes Each week I have successively been dropped earlier in proceedings; it's normally because I'm hanging at the back of the front bunch anyway, and as soon as a gap forms I'm scuppered. I probably need to put that extra 20w or so in to stay mid-pack.

I tried to get away twice on an incline, but couldn't hold off the group of about 12; one time I got a small gap with another guy and he didn't work Rolling Eyes On the last lap with 2.5k to go I put in a sustained 350w effort to no avail.

I would have thought Quintana was tired enough in Catalunya to then go on zwift?

I'll probably do an hour or so on zwift tonight, just riding though.
ttowel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Flat 2 lap race in NY, Raced with "B" group, despite nominally 3.2-3.9w/kg, my average was 4.1w/kg. I stuck with the lead group of 10, flats were fine, but surges on the short up hills were insane, I am convinced that this is how the experienced Zwifters break the groups, once on the flat the effort drops enough to catch your breath, however, on one hill I did drop 1s off the back and had to work like mad for 30s to get back on the peloton, luckily I had a drafting bonus to give me a short recovery when I was back on

As usual I couldn't hold the sprinters in the last 200m, but a 6th place finish is OK. Even though my w/kg were the highest in the lead group, my max 30s was only 600w compared with over 1000w for the top 3 who sprinted the finish

Bit worried that ZwiftPower is going to move me to "A" as last 2 races have been over 4w/kg - I am only just hanging with the "B"s at the moment

23km, 39m54s, 292W AP 300W NP

Seems that way, consistently coming down the order with highest power and highest w/kg but on a wattbike, the transition from flat to hills kills me. Both due to the momentum penalty, and the fact that I cannot sustain 10+ w/kg for long.

The Innsbruck circuit is a killer for me. Managed to break away on a final lap, get 10 seconds to see it all evaporate at the hill when riders are 10-12 w/kg. Can hang on for the sprint but come nowhere. Best chance for me is to attack with 5k to go and need about 330w plus to stay ahead.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttowel wrote:
Seems that way, consistently coming down the order with highest power and highest w/kg but on a wattbike, the transition from flat to hills kills me. Both due to the momentum penalty, and the fact that I cannot sustain 10+ w/kg for long.

Is that a Wattbike at home or the gym? Just wondering how you connected to Zwift using the WB.
TriSam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the Zwift "Long FTP Test" last night and got a new PB for the 20 minute test by over 15W. Not sure I 100% believe the result, so will do a couple of test sessions with the new FTP numbers, but a good sign that things are going in the right direction.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
I did the Zwift "Long FTP Test" last night and got a new PB for the 20 minute test by over 15W. Not sure I 100% believe the result, so will do a couple of test sessions with the new FTP numbers, but a good sign that things are going in the right direction.

What don't you believe, the power meter/trainer?
Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
ttowel wrote:

Is that a Wattbike at home or the gym? Just wondering how you connected to Zwift using the WB.

Does the Wattbike not Bluetooth to your tablet or phone?
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
ttowel wrote:

Does the Wattbike not Bluetooth to your tablet or phone?

I'm just wondering if I could Zwift in the gym, connecting it to my phone/app. I assume I'd need to use 4G/data though.
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
TriSam wrote:

What don't you believe, the power meter/trainer?

I need to retest as I'm no longer using the powertap and the flux is the only measure I have now. I'm sure I'm fitter than my last test but the numbers won't necessarily port over directly.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: