Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
New 2019 IM UK GPX

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miketri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: New 2019 IM UK GPX Reply with quote

Has anyone already got the course gpx or can they post it please, cant believe someone won't ride it this week now its been announced.

Thanks

IMUK 14, IM Lanza 16, Outlaw Half 13/14, Wimbleball 14, Barca 70.3 15, IM Staffs 70.3 15, Manchester Marathon x3, ToughGuy
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be interested in views.

Like the move of T2, but Belmont/Sheephouse the 'other' way will feel wrong - descent much nicer the 'old' way and I can see a few overcooking it coming down, isn't there a cattle grid as well?
PCP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a txc file and unsure how to send.

I hit that cattle grid at just shy of 30mph on Sunday and it is fine. The climb is nice the 'wrong way' and also the descent.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the changes in the course?
PCP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download it here - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29222178?privacy_code=1ukalqcfqlztf5jz
Miketri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thanks.

IMUK 14, IM Lanza 16, Outlaw Half 13/14, Wimbleball 14, Barca 70.3 15, IM Staffs 70.3 15, Manchester Marathon x3, ToughGuy
Mungo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironman came up with a long, long story about spreading the "brand" to other villages and communities.....

No one really knows, but completley changing the course is a huge amount of faff and after driving it, its very very urban for quite some miles, it drives through an estate, unless i was lost again.... and then very desolate over the moors with loads of steady climbs, one is 2.3 miles long.... and two paticulary twisty downhills that could result in some serious road rash.

Cant imagine how some of the residents will feel come race day, lets hope they embrace it.

The loop was leaked months ago and was 99% accurate, the same person states that Chorley Council point blank refused to host it again.. something they deny, but they would wouldnt they.

As its my first full there is no pressure, Complete not Compete might be a good plan.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Course overall has been changed pretty much every year. This will be the 3rd T2 location, and the bike went from 3 to 2 loops a while back.

Next year it'll be in Blackpool Wink Laughing
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:

Ironman came up with a long, long story about spreading the "brand" to other villages and communities.....

No one really knows, but completley changing the course is a huge amount of faff and after driving it, its very very urban for quite some miles, it drives through an estate, unless i was lost again.... and then very desolate over the moors with loads of steady climbs, one is 2.3 miles long.... and two paticulary twisty downhills that could result in some serious road rash.

Cant imagine how some of the residents will feel come race day, lets hope they embrace it.

The loop was leaked months ago and was 99% accurate, the same person states that Chorley Council point blank refused to host it again.. something they deny, but they would wouldnt they.

As its my first full there is no pressure, Complete not Compete might be a good plan.

I suspect the changes are driven by NIMBYism. People complaining about being "trapped in their houses" for 1 Sunday every year Rolling Eyes Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: