Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Ironman Barcelona 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's a slog rather than a race, nowhere to get tuned in physically or mentally, and then the sketchy downhills too especially if wet. Need to downgrade any pace goals to make sure don't run out of leg strength on second lap. There'll also likely be a high DNF rate for people getting timed out on bike, it's slow, even slower than 8,000 feet climbing suggests.

I rode bits of the old course with tri club before entering and people sold it to me who loved the course and atmosphere up Sheephouse/Hunters etc. I entered to see what the hype was about with a branded event but small part of me wonders if I'd have preferred Lakesman or Yorkshireman.

Still, I'm in now so no point letting it change my enjoyment of the day.While I'm definitely the type to chase times and PB's, the accomplishment of doing everything as well as I could is will be enough.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanza and Wales sell themselves on being tough. It's a wonder that Bolton cannot do the same? As a strong man's course it will probably appeal to KQ people who don't want the lottery of a drafting race.
Doca

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Lanza and Wales sell themselves on being tough. It's a wonder that Bolton cannot do the same? As a strong man's course it will probably appeal to KQ people who don't want the lottery of a drafting race.

Sounds perfect for me, shame I'm doing Austria Smile
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:

Perhaps it will build that selling point, but I think it will be limited to people strategically wanting to place, rather than people who just seek the challenge. I didn’t get that buzz or sense of accomplishment from summiting any of the climbs, or feeling like I was getting stuck in, it was just when all strength drained away I realised how much it had taken out of me.
Davem

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

Sounds perfect for me, shame I'm doing Austria Smile

I'm doing Austria as well (Plus Midnightman and IM Barca)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: