Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Why
Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 am Old Fat Bloke
So probably should have posted this up first, but what is this blog all about?

Well, in 2016 I hope to complete the Cape Wrath Ultra . I have no illusions that I will win it, or even be anywhere other than right at the very back of the field. My ambition is simply to make the cut offs.

Why? Well, in 2016 I’ll be 50 (how the hell did that happen!). In 1986, when I was 20, a friend and I ran from Mallaig to Cape Wrath – more or less the same route as the Cape Wrath Ultra. There is a terrible alluring symmetry .... it almost broke me when I was 20 .... can I do it 30 years on at 50..... ?

So that’s it really … call it a mid life crisis if you like, an attempt to recapture my youth!

The purpose of the blog is to record the journey, and provide motivation to endure the training.

HOWEVER, I need some intermediate goals. The plan is also to do the Glencoe half marathon this year, and an Iron Man next year (hopefully Celtman). Phew - hard work for an Old Fat Bloke!

OFB

Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:26 am Carlito
How did Glencoe go?

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.