Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

post transplant
Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:28 pm tri3hrs
Three months after my transplant I started back at work part time two days a week and returned to swimming a triathlete’s favourite lol. Over the next two months I slowly increased my swimming from an initial 8 lengths to half a mile being careful not to overdo it. I have also started back in the gym although again taking it very easy and definitely no weights. The biking has continued and I have ventured out on one short run. I got a strange feeling in my abdomen when running so didn’t do another till after I had checked with my consultant who assures me its normal.
I am now six months after my transplant doing four half days a week, working from home on the other and feeling great. I have entered my first post-transplant triathlon Chirk sprint in April 2017. Also looking at competing in the transplant games in July next year and depending on how the sprint goes looking at an Olympic distance at the back end of the season. The ultimate aim is completing another ironman.
I would not have got this far through this journey without the immense support of my Wife, Family, The Nurses, Doctors, and other hospital staff and most importantly my Donor Family.
Hope to add frequent shorter updates on my progress to this blog as the years go on.
I would like to ask everyone who reads this blog to register to be an organ donor so that more and more people can be given the gift of life and as importantly discuss with your relatives your wishes.
Thanks for reading hope it helps someone.
IMUK 06 13:21
IMUK 07 grounded by SHMBO
IMUK 08 14:57
IMUK 09 15:51 tough old day next year
New chapter after liver transplant
starting with Chirk April 2017
Have you registered to be an organ donor ?

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.