Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Goals

To regain the fitness I had at IMUK 2009! Smile
Personal Bests

Marathon - 3 hrs 38 London 2009
Half Marathon - 1 hr 37.57 (02.03.08 )
10K - 44 mins

Sprint Tri - 1 hr 16
Olympic - 2 hrs 35
HIM - 6 hrs 01 - Bala
IM - 15:50 IMUK 2009
Races Entered

Running
21/09/14 - Warrington Half Marathon

Triathlon
31/05/15 - Outlaw Half

Swim
All about jpenno

jpenno
Interests: triathlon

Last Forum Post

[ Find all posts by jpenno ]
[ Last Post ]

Race Entered
Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:16 pm jpenno
Done a bit of run training and weight is slowly dropping off Smile, down to 14- 4

Need to buy a new bike, particularly as mountain bike has been stolen!!!, needed a road bike as last one never got replaced after being stolen 3 years ago!, think I might wire the new one to the mains to prevent theiving bastards having it.

Have just entered Outlaw Half so plan is steady regular training upto Xmas on bike then focus on a couple of my regular half marathon races in Jan, Feb and March and then back out on the bike for March and April.

Hopefully weight will have dropped to 13 st by then

Off to Canada in a few hours for 10 days so hopefully make use of the hotel pool and lake Ontario Very Happy

a return to training
Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:14 pm jpenno
Have started off with some regular six mile runs, planning to get a swim in tonight, IF I can get out of work early.

need to sort out a new road bike, but off to Canada next month and have a few race entries to pay for so the bike may have to wait a few weeks.

need to start again
Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:41 pm jpenno
Time to update this - had a few years off playing Golf and putting weight on, now going to give HIM races another go Wink

Its not about the Bike
Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:51 pm jpenno
Although we all know it is, as I am not running until October due to ankle injury my training consists of bike, bike and then a bit more bike, swimming is off the agenda this week as ankle was sore when pushing off the wall Evil or Very Mad

The bike training appears to be paying dividends and I am approaching a reasonable level of fitness again where a two hour bike session is now fun and doesnt mean I cant walk the next day.

I now need to sort out a new road bike for IMUK, cant decide on whether to splash out on Carbon with all the trimmings or lower spec bike and save some ££ for coaching sessions etc.

Great No Run
Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:19 pm jpenno
Today was the great north run (not that I was doing it) but one of my employees was and she did a respectable 2:08, if she would come out with us we could get her under 2hrs but she doesnt believe she can!

I was supposed to be doing warrington half but due to ankle injury from wednesday I have rejigged my plans and no running now until atleast 1st October.

Another bike session today and ankle is OK until I stand on peddles for climbs so everything will be seated climbs for two weeks, can only impove my cycling anyway.

Currently considering plans for next year., IMUK is entered, possibility of Outlaw 3 weeks before and then IMWales couple of weeks later, not sure what Mrs JP's views will be tho Smile

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next 
proposed weekly training

Need to shift some weight so intending to try this for a few weeks

Swim - 1 hour

Bike - 1 hr 30 mins

Run - 3 hrs mins

Total time - 5hrs 30
Training Targets from 1st August 2011 to January 1 2015

Run - Target - 400 miles
Done - 74 miles

Bike - Target -200 hours
Done 0 hours 0 mins

Swim - Target - 30k
Done 1km
Weight Loss - Target weight 13 Stone at 01/01/15

18/07/14 currently 14 stone 9
14/08/14 now 14 stone 4
Races under consideration for 2015

Four Villages Half Marathon
Blackpool Half
Liverpool Half Marathon

Spring Marathon

HIM UK Staffordshire or HIM Mallorca

IMUK or IM Mallorca

Username:

Password:

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.