Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

Knees are a creaking!!
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 am felix
So I've pulled my triathlons books out from the back of the cupboard and have begun the process of planning how to fill my training time between now and the Outlaw 2015. I know that iron distance specifics are not too relevant at the moment but having been out for a few runs over the last weeks I have a way to go to get back to where I was in 2010. I am disappointed to say that I have definitely aged over those 5 years and the knees are creaking at every opportunity.

My biggest worry at the moment is to try and regain some core strength, to hopefully keep those niggling injuries at bay. I've introduced some pretty general strength exercises - Push Ups, Sit Ups, Squats, leg raises etc; a few weeks of these and hopefully I'll feel some improvement. Back in the pool as soon as my new swim gear and goggles arrive!

Short term aims: Keep up the strength exercises, get back in the pool and see what happens, steady runs and a mountain bike XC endurance event.

Outlaw 2015
Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:55 pm felix
Well I entered The Outlaw for next year. It'll be 5 years since my last iron distance event and a few years since my last triathlon. Feeling a buzz of nervousness, which is exactly why I entered. My record of blogging is pretty poor but will keep some sort of record of my journey on here.

13 Months
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 pm felix
I'm away but soon to be back.

I've been reading the reviews and race reports about the Outlaw and it brought memories flooding back from my outing there last year when I struggled round (although I loved every single minute)in 13hrs35mins. That was my last triathlon. The mistake I made was not planning anything beyond that event. I knew I'd be away all this summer and my workload was immense preparing for this trip.

Thankfully my time away is drawing to an end and I'm now thinking about what I can do to get back into some sort of triathlon based activity. I would love to give the Outlaw another go next July and providing I can convince my wife, this maybe difficult as I will have been away for 6 months by the time I get back, I will. I've been able to keep my fitness ticking over quite nicely with an aim by the end of Aug to push out a half marathon distance in sub 2hrs.

I've thought about squeezing a 70.3 distance event in during late Sep but I'm finding it difficult to choose one. Any ideas?? I must do one event before the tri season closes down.....

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next 

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.