Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Another week gone
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:08 am Kevprior
An odd week for training this week, with it being my week back from being away on holiday for two weeks and as I did nothing but eat and drink and laze about when I was away I was not expecting much.

Running saw me doing a bit of a track session with my 10 year old son, the 800mtr warm up felt great, then into some 1000mtr time trials which we both did in around 3:55, I was glad it came to end, even more so as the boy was starting to pull away. A few more slower laps to recover then I gave the Garmin to him to say he was "better of packing himself" in reality I could not keep up, he did the 1000mtrs in 3:44 that time, no way I could have kept up. So I did a few more laps and we were done, not too bad a session for my first run back.

The next day I did a quick 45min on the bike and it felt great, just a shame I did not have the time to spend a bit longer on it.

The day after I went and had my sizing done for my Ironman tattoo, I know the tattoo thing is not to everyones taste but I always said if I did an ironman I would get it done. It is also going to be a little bit different (obviously it has the MDot in it) so its going to take around 5 hours he thinks. I am going for having it done in one session which may end up me being in more pain than the Ironman was....we will see.

Saturday was the club swim session, I must admit it felt like I have not swam for years, I was blowing out of my ar$e after 200 mtrs, then I wound up using my pull buoy to give me a bit of a break....I used the mental arguement that I was concentrating on my technique so all is good. I suppose its the first pool swim since ironman so I should not be too hard on myself about it.

I had good intentions of going out for a run on Sunday morning but seeing as I was out on the Saturday night for a meal, a few pints and a bottle of wine soon put that thought out of my head when I woke up. Also coupled with the fact I am on nights and Sunday night is hard enough without taking the little energy I have for getting me through the night away with a run.

Anyway, this week should see me do some more running, some more swimming and maybe a turob session or two.

I am just ticking over until the lanzarote training starts....or thats how I convince myself anyway.

Cheers

Kev

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.