Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about Gazzer1uk

Gazzer1uk
Interests: Drumming, RC flying stuff and trying to get fit

Last Forum Post

[ Find all posts by Gazzer1uk ]
[ Last Post ]

Wot more?
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:56 pm Gazzer1uk
Yep,

For whatever reason I keep forgetting about this place, shame as there is much to learn.... so having completed the first, I went on later in the year to do the Bosworth sprint late September...... come 2018 and I did Southam sprint (pool based) Blenheim which went much faster and I am thinking of re-doing Bosworth again this year.

All good stuff, and next year I have been very foolish... I've signed up for the Long Course Weekend in Tenby with 1.2 mile swim, 112 bike and half marathon.... better get my training plan sorted eh!

It is addictive this thing isn't it!

See you around I hope!

Gaz

My band and I!

Drumming is good for fitness, a rather talented professor reckons that professional drummers can be fitter than Premiership Footie players. That is not the reason I drum, but it helps in all ways. My band the Above Average Weight Band www.aawb.co.uk (on FB as theaawb) have had some great gigs, we have fun and a bit of a following. Setting up and breaking down means carrying lots of kit, then usually about 2 and a bit hours of playing, I certainly sweat!!!
Situational update

Since the first blog nearly 3 years ago I have probably been slow and idle for 18 months and am at the second idle period!

I now possess 2 good bikes Specialized Allez road and Specialized Hard rock MTB. I have ridden the MTB more though love the agile and speedy behaviour of the Allez.

Last year with some colleagues, I got fit enough to just manage the Scottish Coast to Coast Rat Race event. 105 miles, 2 days 23 miles trekkiing 80 miles biking and the rest in a kayak. It was tough, I don't think I trained well and certainly did not lose sufficient weight, but.... I did it, mental fortitude and enough training. I wondered about doing it again, but decided against it as it I would have to do it faster!

So then I sat on my ample and growing behind and decided that once again, I have to address my fitness and weight. And so the adventure continues but this time, progress is required! PS the short fat one in the middle, that is me!
Calendar 05 - 2019

<  May, 2019   >
SuMoTuWeThFrSa

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.