Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Testosterone overload
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:32 pm LadyP
So, the week's training went so so. Monday kicked off in the gym, then a light jog.... Well light for those athletes amongst this group, a test of endurance for me.

Tuesday was very exciting as I went for my first swim coaching session! It was reassuring that my instructor was an Aussie, but less encouraging was her opening sentence of: " ooh, not sure how the boys will like this, a Sheila joining the group".

Okay, she didn't use the word Sheila, but you get my drift! So I joined the group of 5 men, and was somewhat worried that I might slow them up!

The great news was that I was easily able to keep up. We focussed on technique and I got loads from the session, really looking forward to this Tuesday.

The rest of the week was a bit of a dead loss, my gym buddy who is also a Personal Trainer has damaged her shoulder, so whilst she put me through it on Tuesday morning, I have done no core or strength training since.

The good news it that the running is getting better and this week saw week 5 of Couch to 5k completed.

Been very lazy on the diet and 2lbs on....bugger!

Let's see what the week ahead brings, must fit some Spin in somewhere, just not sure where yet!

hello LadyP
Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm mrsmac
just thought I would say i was in your position 3 months ago. you do need a pint of dutch courage to turn up at the swim coaching sessions don't you!! i've been really pleased with my progress so very worthwhile. I also started with the couch to 5K and thought it was brilliant, doing my second ever tri this weekend!!
think i might be spinning over winter too instead of cycling!
keep at it!
mrsmac

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.