Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

All about Sue

Sue
Occupation: After giving 27 full time years to the NHS I am now a self employed support worker.
Interests: Triathlon, cycling and sport!!!

Send e-mailSend private message

Who is Sue?

Thought I'd better change this part after my 2003 post has changed a bit, as has TTalk. I was one of the first members and it served a great motivational site but I think many of us have moved on.
I now dont do anything competitive having been there and done that in tir's, running and bike. Now its about leisure riding with friends and keeping fit and therapy.
After loosing my partner , Alan, in 2015, after meeting on here and being together 10 years I found biking was a great form of therapy and it still is today.
I have lots of great cycling friends and belong a great club.
Re started running this year after a knee niggle. Found if I keep to no more then 5k then its fine so once a week or 10 days is good. I also walk a bit.
Keeping active = able to eat without putting the weight on Very Happy

Spanish hills
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:46 pm Sue
Ah forgive me as the swimming stopped to make way for bike training for Spain. I even got the turbo out, first in a year, when the weather stopped venturing out
--and I'll whisper this, I quite enjoyed it Shocked Used GNC fat burning intervals and short n sweet was ok.

Had a goodl time again in Denia Spain with the bike club.
I had a personal record up ALL the hills and mountains and slopes that I did lasy year so well pleased. The weather was iffy, gilets and armwarmers never came off until the last day when it was lovely and I got tan lines. 300+ miles in total and lots of elevation.

Now back to routine and cold wet Wales
--but hey spring must arrive soon.

Keep moving folks Cool

the swim started
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:42 am Sue
Well I did it, got out to swim for 8pm.
So now I'm only aiming for once a week. Some days are busier, heck there were 5 in my lane one evening, others I have a lane to myself. Just my usual plod along. Try to do around a mile front crawl then some breaststroke and back crawl for different arm exercise. Main problem is counting, how on earth can you go wrong with sets of 10 Shocked

Quite a bit of walking with poor weather. Dont get me wrong Im not a fair weather riding but frost, wind and heavy rain makes me leave to bike at home. Even when out the number of times its muttered " the weather man didnt say this" as we get caught in sleet, snow, downpours.
Even did some hill reps the other day to get me ready for the club trip to Spain and those long long drags
--which I love by the way, unlike short sharp slopes that I hate Mad

Happy "moving" folks, in whatever way, its better then the couch potatoes Very Happy

to swim or not
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:27 pm Sue
Hi Wheezy and Paul
spurred me on to blog a bit Very Happy
Im sure turbo does count Wheezy, it would if I was doing it Wink
Thanks Paul, I added some more recent pics.

This weather isnt kind for biking so I do extra miles when I can. My moto is why do 2 miles when you can do 10 Very Happy
So Saturdays club ride I stretched to 52 miles ( I do a few extra before we meet and a few extra home). I also went out solo Sunday (30ml)since the rest of the week wasnt looking kind.

Walked the round trip of 6miles for work yesterday.
Our girlies group today decided to walk a few miles instead of being battered by the wind on the bikes.

AND I may restart swimming tonight Shocked
The laned sessions are either 6.30am or 8pm. I used to be able to get up early, and although Im always awake by 6.30 I seem to prefer a cuppa in bed. 8pm is late but I really fancy a swim so hope that spurs me on
--plus trying to persuade a friend so we can motivate each other
--maybe putting it in writing will spur me on instead of a "forgive me I have sinned "
--watch this space Cool

still on page one after over 2 years
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:08 pm Sue
Well I dont come on here often nowadays, even less often look at the blogs.
I wrote on Paul's yesterday, wondered where my blog was and found it still to be on page one. Didnt remember what my last post was about until Ive re read.

Biking has been my therapy in this new chapter of my life.
I'm a member of VCMelyd which is a friendly club and we have 40% female members of which Ive some very good friends.
Last year I achieved my most miles ever in a year, finishing with 6721miles. Pleased since I didnt think I would do it. I achieved my other goal of more miles on the bike then in the car.
I'm fortunate that I work part time so ample time to get en-velo.
We have a ladies group on a Wednesday, "ladies of a certain age" since the youngest is 50 this year. I seem to have taken over the role of route master and we all challenged ourselves over the summer with distance and hills.
I also overcame my anxiety and went on the club week in Denia, Spain, and really enjoyed it
--have booked for this year already.

I still walk, usually a round trip of 6 miles to work.
Started running gently in the summer and now as long as I stick to 5k my knee niggle doesnt get bad. I even for the first time in ages got under 9 min mileiing
--gone are the day of 8 min mileing for upto 20 miles but I'll take sub 9 m.m

Havent swum for about a year but just today re looked at the pool time table and hope to get back into it. Its the times with lanes that are either very early or very late and also busy but will try to achieve.

My days of triathlons and time trialling are over, too lazy to want to train as opposed to just bike or run, been there and done that springs to mind.
I just exercise for mental therapy, to keep fit and so that I can eat more
--I am at my lowest weight for many years which spurs me on to keep on the move.

If anyone comes on blogs, and gets to this point, thanks for reading and good luck for 2018 in what you want to do Smile

PS I now cant remember how to add/ change my photos at the top Confused

A note to friends
Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:53 am Sue

It is with great sadness that I write of the passing of Alan.
He died before he should have, we still had a list of "things to do".
It was unexpected and sudden but he didn't suffer.
I put on here thinking friends would look and know, although many of you may know via FB.
I believe in fate, Alan's time was called, he was taken to the next chapter of his life, and I have to start my new chapter.
We had nearly 10 years together and I thank TriTalk for bringing us together.
Happy memories everyone x x x

forgive me for i have sinned
Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm Sue
Thank you for your past replies which now seem too far away to comment on, aplogies steve_r, willo, patriciaa, pip , KP nut , magpie , Carlito , hammerer

I have been reading TT but usually not logged in so cant reply, etc to blogs, posts, so forgive me.

How to summarise 3 months

Had a fantastic time in Majorca with the bike club. 12 of us altogether, 4 girlies n the rest guys. Good weather, great cycling, luvly company, we all gelled n everyone got something out of it.

Since then we have had some summer
--and some wind n rain

my training/ commute bike went caput so decided to treat myself to a new one. Paid a bit more then I had intended but decided I needed a reliable bike since I do a fair bit on it plus will be used during winter. So now have a Felt Ladies ZW75, very nice to ride, very pleased with it.

Not doing any open events this yr, some club TimeTrials. So one goal was a charity ride, 65milesa round Snowdonia from Blaeneu Ffestiniog, ridden with 3 other girls. I had never riden up the Crimea Pass and it came right at the end but I was pleased to get up it without a hitch.

Looking for other type rides to do but many have tooooo much steepness in for me eg friends are doing the Wild Wales but with 11000ft of climbing I get a nose bleed just thinking about it

Other then that rescue rottie Blue has settled very well and put weight on.
Strava is giving me challenges to aim for.
Taking Mum plus her disabled husband plus one of his carers on hols in July.
And life is nice
--hope yours is too, thanks for reading

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148  Next