Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
All about felix

felix

Knees are a creaking!!
Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 am felix
So I've pulled my triathlons books out from the back of the cupboard and have begun the process of planning how to fill my training time between now and the Outlaw 2015. I know that iron distance specifics are not too relevant at the moment but having been out for a few runs over the last weeks I have a way to go to get back to where I was in 2010. I am disappointed to say that I have definitely aged over those 5 years and the knees are creaking at every opportunity.

My biggest worry at the moment is to try and regain some core strength, to hopefully keep those niggling injuries at bay. I've introduced some pretty general strength exercises - Push Ups, Sit Ups, Squats, leg raises etc; a few weeks of these and hopefully I'll feel some improvement. Back in the pool as soon as my new swim gear and goggles arrive!

Short term aims: Keep up the strength exercises, get back in the pool and see what happens, steady runs and a mountain bike XC endurance event.

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.