Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk

Testosterone overload
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:32 pm LadyP
So, the week's training went so so. Monday kicked off in the gym, then a light jog.... Well light for those athletes amongst this group, a test of endurance for me.

Tuesday was very exciting as I went for my first swim coaching session! It was reassuring that my instructor was an Aussie, but less encouraging was her opening sentence of: " ooh, not sure how the boys will like this, a Sheila joining the group".

Okay, she didn't use the word Sheila, but you get my drift! So I joined the group of 5 men, and was somewhat worried that I might slow them up!

The great news was that I was easily able to keep up. We focussed on technique and I got loads from the session, really looking forward to this Tuesday.

The rest of the week was a bit of a dead loss, my gym buddy who is also a Personal Trainer has damaged her shoulder, so whilst she put me through it on Tuesday morning, I have done no core or strength training since.

The good news it that the running is getting better and this week saw week 5 of Couch to 5k completed.

Been very lazy on the diet and 2lbs on....bugger!

Let's see what the week ahead brings, must fit some Spin in somewhere, just not sure where yet!

Fat, unfit, but determined to compete!
Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:05 am LadyP
The inspiration for me trying Triathlon is my dad! Approaching 80 now, he was one of the first competitors to be part of Triathlon back when it started all those years ago!

I always promised myself that I would complete a Triathlon one day. So at the grand old age of 48, soon to be 49, I set myself a goal to get into the sport as I enter my 50th year next year.

I am starting slowly: C25K, swim coaching sessions, loads of core conditioning and spin at the moment. On the 1st July I weighed in at 13st 6lbs, as I type I am currently 12st 1lb. I am on week 4 running and am getting very excited about getting my first bike in the next couple of months.

I have entered Bicester, Good Friday and Stratford 220 next year but only at Super Sprint level to start!

As the title suggests, the aim is to compete not just complete, so my blog is hopefully going to track my progress and allow me to look back over my journey and hopefully get a sense of achievement.

So next week sees me run and swim Monday, Spin or core on Tuesday, run and spin Wednesday, core and swim Thursday, run and core Friday.

Weight loss will hopefully see me in the 11st something! Loving the journey so far, let's see whether I can deliver.......

Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.